This training is no longer being offered.
|May 16 2012
09:00AM - 11:00AM
161 S Beech Street
View Larger Map
LGBTQ Communities Training
PLEASE NOTE: This training is no longer being offered. If you are interested this training, please contact us at [email protected].
Learn how you can make your agency more accessible to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered, and questioning (LGBTQ) individuals.
LGBTQ youth and adults often face many more obstacles than their non-LGBTQ counterparts, including severe family conflict, increased chances of sexual abuse, higher risk for victimization and mental illnesses, and higher rates of suicide. By providing services that are accessible and inclusive, social service providers can be a pivotal source of support for many LGBTQ individuals. The New Hampshire Coalition to End Homelessness is hosting a training on the most effective models of service delivery for LGBTQ client.
- Commonly used LGBTQ terms and language;
- Major issues and obstacles faced by LGBTQ individuals;
- Concrete steps to make your program more LGBTQ-inclusive;
- How homophobia/bi/transphobia affects LGBTQ communities; and,
- Respectful language and practices for providers.
Continuing Education Credits
This training has been approved for the following continuing education credits:
- 2 NASW Category I Continuing Education hours for licensure – Authorization Number 2898.
- 2 LADC Category 5 and Category 7 Levels of Competency Continuing Education hours for licensure.
Registration is required to attend. Seating is limited.