This training is no longer being offered.
|October 19, 2012
161 South Beech Street, Manchester, NH 03103
View Larger Map
Professional Work with Hoarders
PLEASE NOTE: This training is no longer being offered. If you are interested this training, please contact us at [email protected].
On October 19, the NH Coalition to End Homelessness will host a training on how to facilitate effective communication with individuals who have clinical issues with hoarding. As a pivotal source of support for individuals with a hoarding disorder, it is essential that providers understand hoarding behaviors, successful means of offering support and appropriate methods for affecting change.
- Hoarding behavior and its influences
- Assessment & intervention for compulsive hoarders
- Coping with resistance & strong emotions
- Developing an alliance & enhancing motivation
- Applying a harm reduction model
- Task force/work teams: It takes a village
- Barriers to interventions, or tools of the trade
Who Should Attend:
- Community and family service agencies
- Public health workers
- Social workers
- Staff in the mental health or health field
- Housing, homelessness programs & tenant relations managers
- Veteran services programs
- Nursing care professionals
- Agency trainers
This training had been approved for the following continuing education credits:
- 3.5 NASW Category I continuing education credits for licensure. NASW authorization number 2932.
- 3.5 LADC hours in the Categories of Competency 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 and in the Performance Domains I, II, III, and IV.