This training is no longer being offered.
|Thursday, May 22, 2014
9:00AM - 4:00PM
161 South Beech Street, Manchester, NH 03103
View Larger Map
DBT for Case Managers
PLEASE NOTE: This training is no longer being offered. If you are interested this training, please contact us at [email protected].
On Thursday, May 22, 2014, the NH Coalition to End Homelessness will host a one-day training on Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) for Case Managers. Dialectical Behavior Therapy is a cognitive-behavioral approach that emphasizes the psychosocial aspects of treatment. While DBT is traditionally the standard of care for borderline personality disorder, practice and research have shown that it is applicable to many other populations and settings. However, DBT is typically only available to masters-level therapists, and takes the form of multiple day-long trainings. This training will provide case managers and other direct service providers with specific skills that will help them successfully engage with their clients and produce better outcomes.
|Catharine Main, LICSW||Mental Health Center of Greater Manchester|
|Diane DiStaso||Mental Health Center of Greater Manchester|
- Identify 4 categories of symptoms experienced by people who meet the criteria for a diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder.
- Identify critical biological and environmental factors that lead to Borderline Personality Disorder.
- Identify effective ways to respond to the difficult behaviors of patients with a diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorderin a residential setting.
- Identify “state of the art” treatment to treat patients with a diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder in a residential setting.
- Identify ways that your staff can support their clients participating in community DBT treatment.
Who Should Attend
Staff and supervisors in the following fields: