This training is not currently being offered. If you are interested in taking this training, or another training, please contact us at email@example.com.
|October 19, 2012
161 South Beech Street, Manchester, NH 03103
View Larger Map
Professional Work with Hoarders
On October 19, the NH Coalition to End Homelessness will host a training on how to facilitate effective communication with individuals who have clinical issues with hoarding. As a pivotal source of support for individuals with a hoarding disorder, it is essential that providers understand hoarding behaviors, successful means of offering support and appropriate methods for affecting change.
To register, please click the “Add to Cart” button located to the right. Space is limited, so register today!
- Hoarding behavior and its influences
- Assessment & intervention for compulsive hoarders
- Coping with resistance & strong emotions
- Developing an alliance & enhancing motivation
- Applying a harm reduction model
- Task force/work teams: It takes a village
- Barriers to interventions, or tools of the trade
Who Should Attend:
- Community and family service agencies
- Public health workers
- Social workers
- Staff in the mental health or health field
- Housing, homelessness programs & tenant relations managers
- Veteran services programs
- Nursing care professionals
- Agency trainers
This training had been approved for the following continuing education credits:
- 3.5 NASW Category I continuing education credits for licensure. NASW authorization number 2932.
- 3.5 LADC hours in the Categories of Competency 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 and in the Performance Domains I, II, III, and IV.